Australian Defence Force Families
Defence Families of Australia (DFA) and Scouts Australia are engaging in a partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) community by mutually supporting a program to support Defence Forces families engage in the Scout Program in the context of the unique transient lifestyles of ADF families.
There are 24,000 Defence Forces postings, on average, each year with the majority being families with dependents.
The translocation to and engagement in a new community for young people may be made easier for them by support from Scouts Australia at a local level.
Young people can be encouraged and facilitated to join the local Scout Group either as new members or to continue their Scouting experience.
Our partnership also has the potential to provide benefits for parents, carers and other Defence Forces members who may wish to engage in their community as members of the Scout Group Committee and as Leaders.
- Scouts Australia Defence Families Partnership Policies and Procedures including Badge Award requirements (PDF, 29KB)
- Memorandum of Understanding between Defence Families of Australia and Scouts Australia (PDF, 944KB)
ADF Families Contacts
Defence Families of Australia - Infoline 1800 100 509
- National Convenor: Robyn Ritchie - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACT / Southern NSW: email@example.com
- Central & Northern NSW: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIC / TAS: email@example.com
- NT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA: email@example.com
- Northern QLD: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern QLD: email@example.com
- SA: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require a mobile number for any of the ADF contact people, please call Scouts Australia's National Office on (02) 9413 1133.