- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
The spirit of adventure!
Cub Scouts (*8-10)
* The commencement for advancement in sections may vary up to six months
Have you been a Joey Scout, or are you new to Scouting? Either way, you can join Cub Scouts for excitement, independence, and some SERIOUS FUN!
There are SO MANY THINGS a Cub Scout can do.
Try exciting outdoor adventures like rock climbing, abseiling, camping, bushwalking, sailing, gliding and flying, canoeing, and billy-karting!
Learn traditional Scouting skills like tying knots and using a map and compass!
Play games and make friends! Learn to 'do your best' at whatever you try and help others to ‘do their best’ too!
Visit exciting places! Help with community events or environment projects!
You will also learn heaps of useful things that will help you when you move up to the older Scouting Sections, as well as throughout your entire life.
Who wouldn't want to be a Cub?! Ask your parents to contact your State Branch
or freecall 1800 SCOUTS (1800 726 887) to find your nearest Group.
* Cub Scouts transition to the Scout Section prior to, or on, their 11th birthday.