- What's New?
- Duchess Prepared for New Adventure
- Register for Harmony Day Today
- Winners of Scouts Oz App Competition Announced on Founders Day
- The Great Scouts Geocaching Competition
- Top five reasons kids should join Scouts
- Appointment of New National Coordinators
- Andrew Lock Expands Horizons from Mountaineering to All Adventurous Activities
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Scouts Australia Teaches kids Important life Skills
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Project Commissioner - Partnerships
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Photo Galleries
- Royal Commission Support
Be Prepared... to hop into adventure!
Joey Scouts (6-7)
Do you know how to cook chocolate spiders or make frog puppets? Can you build monsters and spaceships from scrap items? Have you ever grown a plant or hiked in the bush?
These are all things you can learn when you are a Joey Scout!
Joey Scouts are boys and girls aged six and seven who like having fun and making friends!
When you join Joeys you’ll be part of a Mob. You’ll play games, read stories, sing songs and do craft activities.
You’ll find out about nature and learn about native birds and animals.
You might fly a kite, go bushwalking, go to the beach, or visit a fire station, zoo or farm.
The Joey Scout motto is HOP – Help Other People! You’ll learn to jump in and HOP, and to share with your friends.
You’ll also learn heaps of useful stuff, like what to do in an emergency.
When you join in different activities and learn new things, you and your mates in the Mob can earn special badges to sew on to your Joey Scout shirts.
To start your Scouting adventure, ask your parents to contact your State Branch
or freecall 1800 SCOUTS (1800 726 887).
* Joey Scouts transition to the Cub Scout Section prior to, or on, their 8th birthday.