- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
National Project Commissioner – Youth Leadership Programs
Aaron Wardle was appointed to the role of National Project Commissioner – Youth Leadership Programs in 2010. Aaron travelled to Europe and the USA to research leadership courses from other National Scout Organisations before writing the syllabus for a new National advanced program for Venturer Scouts.
After receiving approval from the National Operations Committee, Aaron was instrumental in launching the Mawson Scholarship in Leadership in 2011 and has personally managed the first three of these week-long courses in Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra. The Mawson Leadership program is now established as a vital initiative in the Venturer Scout section across Australia with two courses now conducted annually.
Aaron has been a member of Scouts Australia for over 22 years having joined the association as a Cub Scout (before Joeys existed). Awarded the Silver Arrowhead in 2010, Aaron has completed the Queen’s Scout and Baden-Powell Scout Awards, as well as Wood Badges in Scouts, Venturer Scouts and Leader of Adults. Aaron has also completed his Certificate IV in Leadership, Certificate IV in Frontline Management, Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation as well as being qualified as a Personal Leader Adviser, a Vocational Guide in Abseiling and Bushwalking, and a Staff Flying Instructor at the NSW Scout Air Activity Centre at Camden Airport.
Aaron is also active in the role of Region Commissioner (Venturer Scouts) in the Greater Western Sydney Region. In this capacity, Aaron has attended the NSW Venturer Scout competition – Dragon Skin – as BOOTS Coordinator for the past four years, worked at the 4th NSW Cuboree at Cataract in 2011 as an Assistant Sub Camp Leader for the Scout and Venturer Sub Camp, and was the NSW Deputy Contingent Leader to the 15th Australian Venture at Quercus Park in 2012.
Aaron has extensive experience with International Scouting as a former Member of the Asia-Pacific Region Management Sub-Committee and has previously attended over a dozen Jamborees in Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Sweden, Iceland and Finland in various roles including IST, Troop Leader, Contingent Leader and Jamboree Organising Committee.
Most recently, Aaron has been appointed Australian Contingent Leader for the 23rd World Scout Jamboree to be held in Japan in 2015 and is looking forward to the challenge of managing a young and dynamic Contingent Team to ensure as many youth members from Australia can enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity.