- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
National Youth Council Adviser Applications Open! Apply Now!
Apply now for this challenging new Scouts Australia Leadership position as our next National Adviser - National Youth Council & National Youth Forums!
The term of the current National Adviser - National Youth Council & National Youth Forums concludes in March 2013.
Scouts Australia is now seeking an outstanding Leader to:
- Ensure the National Youth Council is a dynamic and relevant part of Scouting that meets the needs of both Scouting and the wider community.
- Support the members of the National Youth Council so that they may develop as individuals and as future Leaders.
- Develop outstanding Youth Forums at major Scouting events that allow youth members to ‘have a say’ about their organisation and to ensure key recommendations are implemented by the appropriate teams.
- Be an advocate for youth involvement in decision-making across the organisation.
- Assist in the growth and development of Scouting in Australia.
This is an exciting and challenging position for someone to help support Scouting in Australia develop. The Adviser will have the opportunity to work with the best young adults and youth in our country and to assist in their development. It is a creative and open-ended position that can provide many rewards and opportunities.
Skills & qualifications required:
To achieve success the applicant will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A commitment to the Aims and Principles of Scouting
- A Leader of Youth or a Leader of Adult Woodbadge
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills within a volunteer organisation
- High level skills in working with young adults and youth to achieve a desired result
- High level organisational and administrative skills
- High level skills in mentoring others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in isolation
- General knowledge of all sections of Scouting and its policies and procedures
- Ability to achieve tasks within a set time frame
- The National Adviser to the National Youth Council & National Youth Forums will be a member of the National Youth Program support staff
- It will involve attending occasional weekend meetings interstate
- The position will initially be for three years
- At the end of the term the National Commissioner Youth Program and the National Youth Council Executive will review the position
- A large amount of the work will be completed online and through social networking mediums
- The appointment will commence in March 2013
- An induction period will be negotiated
- Due to a number of events the selection process will occur over an extended period of time with interviews taking place in December 2012
Do you fit the requirements?
If yes, then why not apply for the position and help grow Scouting across Australia.
If you’re not interested but know a potential candidate then please suggest that he or she applies for the position.
For further details please read the Role Description for this position or email email@example.com for a copy to be emailed to you.
Applications close 5pm Monday November 26 2012.
Further information is available from:
Chris Neilsen National Youth Council Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org
John Clarke National Commissioner Youth Program email@example.com