- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
2014 Mawson Scholarship in Leadership Applications Now Open!
The “Mawson Scholarship in Leadership” is an advanced training program for Venturer Scouts aged 15 to 18 years.
Two courses will be running in 2014 as follows:
- 7 - 11 July 2014 : Baden Powell Park, Queensland
- 29 September – 3 October 2014 : Bundilla Scout Camp, NSW
Conducted over five days, participants will receive instruction and practical training in teamwork, communication, decision making and problem solving, conflict resolution, and event management.
Up to 24 participants will be selected to attend each course. Each Branch identifies its most talented and passionate youth members with the potential as great ambassadors for Scouting. All applications for both courses close on Thursday 27 March 2014.
Each participant should have completed the Venturer Scout Leadership Course prior to attending the course. Participants should also hold a current leadership role or have recent leadership experience.
The selection of participants will be managed by each Branch with the aim to select young Leaders with the potential for dynamic leadership roles within the Branch.
The cost to participants is $150 and includes all meals and accommodation. Participants will be accommodated in dormitories at the venue and full catering will be supplied. Flights to the venue will be provided free of charge.
Successful candidates will be issued with tasks to be completed before arriving at the residential course. The Mawson Leadership program also provides ongoing mentoring support to all participants and each Branch is encouraged to engage their representatives in various leadership and spokesperson roles.
Any questions about the program should be directed to Aaron Wardle at email@example.com.
The application form can be downloaded here.
Previous course photos can be found here.
An introduction to the Course Leader can be found here.