- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
The Lord Baden-Powell Society
Bringing Young Adventurers Together for over 25 years...
Since 1984, Members of the Lord Baden-Powell Society have helped young Australians experience the benefits and joy of Scouting through private financial support.
Many prominent Australian citizens acknowledge the role of Scouting in developing personal characteristics that can’t be learned anywhere else. By becoming a Member of the Lord Baden-Powell Society, you’ll help Scouts Australia continue its valuable programs which encourage young people to develop qualities such as self-reliance, discipline, high moral values, leadership, team building, and respect for each other and the environment.
The priceless support of Lord Baden-Powell Society Members shapes young lives in many ways:
- Strengthening the Scout program that prepares young adults for life;
- Enabling disadvantaged young people to experience the life-changing benefits of Scouting;
- Providing equipment, camp sites and activity bases;
- Supporting major Scouting events such as Cuborees and Jamborees;
- Helping to create upstanding citizens and the leaders of tomorrow.
In recent years the Society has made significant contributions to Australian Scouting, giving $130,000 to $180,000 per annum to the State Branches. The Society has also given $40,000 per annum to financially-disadvantaged Scouts who would otherwise be unable to afford the attendance fees for national and international Jamborees. Click here to read more about our Jamboree Appeal.
Some Members have generously chosen to make a bequest to the Scout Association of Australia. Contributions such as these help to keep the cost of Scouting low and enable more new Youth Members to join.
All donations to the Scout Association of Australia - Lord Baden-Powell Society are tax deductible.
Alternatively, contact us directly at:
Lord Baden-Powell Society
Scouts Australia House
1 / 8 Help Street, Chatswood NSW 2067
Phone: (02) 8440 5908
Fax: (02) 9413 1177
The Lord Baden-Powell Society Management Committee thanks you for your support.
Mr Neil M Westaway AM (Chairman)
Mr Ian Langford-Brown
Dr Bruce Munro AM
Mr Martin Thomas
Mr David W. Jones AM
Mr Geoff Morgan
Mrs Maggie Burke (Manager)