- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
The adventure is yours!
Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
* The commencement for advancement in sections may vary up to six months
Bored? Feel like doing something with your life? Don’t know where to start? How about trying Venturers? Vents? You need no prior experience in Scouts or Guides!
What is it? It’s a do-it-yourself mix of adventure, fun, personal development and friendship!
What do you do? Knots? NO! Well, we do knots (approximately 1% of the time)!!! Instead, you may find yourself exploring the great Aussie bush, camping above the snowline, diving on coral reefs or earning your pilot’s licence.
Doesn’t sound like you? What about abseiling into a limestone cave or climbing a sheer rock face. Perhaps white water kayaking or mountain biking is more your style! Whatever you want to do, Venturers can make it happen!
Not totally into the outdoors? Venturers is not all about the outdoors! You’ll also be involved in a well-designed program to develop confidence, independence and teamwork skills. You can get involved in staging professional shows, learning responsibility for the environment and working on service projects to help others in the community. You can even boot scoot your way to your Lifestyles badge! Venturers also have the opportunity to travel around Australia and overseas for events, or to get involved in community service projects to help those in need!!!
Won’t the Leaders tell us what to do? NO!!! As Venturers, you will govern your own, democratic Venturer Unit, where the adult Leaders provide advice and guidance instead of telling you what to do!
Okay, so it’s fun, but what can it do for my future? There are leadership and management courses available that will help you in your career and personal life, and you will be working towards achieving the ultimate goal – the Queen’s Scout Award. Employers worldwide highly regard this award!
Where to from here? Venturers are serious about having a great time and getting the most they can out of life. You need no experience whatsoever to become a Venturer Scout today. What are you waiting for? You’re already missing out on what WE are doing!!!
SOOOOOO, for more info on how to join, contact your State Branch or call 1800 SCOUTS (1800 726 887). It's FREE!!!
HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE NEXT VENTURER EVENT!
* Venturer Scouts transition to the Rover Section prior to, or on, their 18th birthday.