- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
Paul Parkinson is the Deputy Principal (Academic) of the Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT).
Paul has been a staff member on a number of courses for Leader Trainers in Australia over many years. He led the 23rd Course for Leader Trainers in April 2007, and the 24th Course for Leader Trainers in 2009. He has been involved in Scout training throughout Australia, as well as Courses for Leader Trainers throughout the Asia-Pacific Region, including Brunei Darussalam (2004), Tokyo, Japan (2007), Singapore (2008), and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2009).
Additionally, Paul has contributed to a number of Asia-Pacific Region forums and gatherings as a Resource Speaker, Trainer and Facilitator. He is Vice-Chairman of the Asia-Pacific Region Adult Support Sub-Committee, and has attended a number of World and Asia-Pacific Region Conferences and other events.
Paul commenced his involvement with Scouting as a Cub and progressed through all Sections of the Movement, gaining his Queen’s Scout Award in 1968 and the Baden-Powell Award in 1976. His first ‘warranted’ appointment was as an Assistant Senior Scout Leader, and most recently he was Deputy Chief Commissioner, Queensland Branch, responsible for the portfolios of Development, Training and Program Support respectively over a seven year period.
Professionally, Paul is a Lecturer in Science Education at Griffith University, Mt Gravatt Campus, in Brisbane. Paul has had considerable involvement at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of education, as well as local and national involvement in the development of science curriculum and science education.
In 1986 Paul received the Australia Day Citizen of the Year for the Pine Rivers Shire for his services to Scouting and to the community. He was awarded the Silver Kangaroo by Scouts Australia in 2004, and the Pingat Perkhidmatan Cemerlang from the Scout Association of Malaysia in 2009.
Paul has a Diploma of Teaching, Diploma of Business, Diploma of Leadership, Bachelor of Educational Studies, Master of Environmental Education and is currently completing Doctoral studies associated with self-regulatory learning practices in adults.
Paul is married to Lois, father to Jodie and Aaron, father-in-law to Mark and Donna, and grandpa to Joshua.