- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
Chairman, National Executive Committee
David W. Jones AM FCA
David Jones was elected Chairman of The National Executive Committee of Scouts Australia in June 2009. He has been a member of the National Executive Committee since 2001, and is also on the National Finance committee.
David started his Scouting career at the age of eight when he joined 1st Victorian Sea Scouts on Albert Park Lake in Melbourne.
He advanced through all Sections of the Movement as a youth Member. He became a Queen’s Scout in 1956 and later Crew Leader in the Rover Section.
At 18 he became Scout Leader of 1st Victorian Sea Scouts and later also ran the Senior Scout section until 1969 when, at 29, he became District Commissioner of Hobson’s Bay District.
After eight years as District Commissioner, in 1977 he was appointed Area Commissioner of Bayside Area, one of the large Scouting areas in metropolitan Melbourne.
In 1994 he resigned as Area Commissioner and was elected President and Chairman of the Area which has now been expanded and is known as South Metro Region, a position he still holds.
As a Chartered Accountant, he has been involved in many financial aspects of Scouting including serving as a Director of many Australian Jamborees, the Asia Pacific Conference, the World Conference and as President and Chairman of the Victorian Scout Foundation Ltd, a position he has held for over 25 years.
He has received many Scouting awards culminating in the award of the Silver Kangaroo in 1994 and the Medal of the Order of Australia in 1991 for his service to Scouting.
In 1995 he was appointed to the Victoria Branch Executive Committee and elected its Chairman in 2001, a position he held until November 2008 when he was appointed Vice President of the Branch.
He has attended many Jamborees and large scale camps in Australia, was Deputy Contingent Leader to a World Jamboree in Switzerland, and Australian Contingent Leader to the World Jamboree in Korea.
He has also attended many World and Asia Pacific Region conferences, and led a party of 14 Leaders to Kenya, where they built a Scout village at Githunguri, 45 kilometres from Nairobi.
Whilst Chairman of Victoria Branch, he was successful in obtaining a grant of over $17million from the Federal Government to install over 1400 water tanks on Scout Halls and campsites throughout Australia.
David is married to Marilyn and has two daughters and three grandchildren, and is Managing Director of the Chartered Accountancy firm Cook Jones Pty Ltd and the Cook Jones Group of Companies.