- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
Scouts Australia International
Scouting is a worldwide Movement with 30 million Scouts around the world. International Scouting is aimed at creating an understanding about the cultures of other countries as well as promoting peace and tolerance through our common understanding of the Scouting aims and principles. To access the Scouts Australia International website click here.
The World Organisation of the Scout Movement (WOSM) is split up into five Regions. Scouts Australia is a member of the Asia-Pacific Region.
Scouts Australia International is responsible for liaising with other National Scout Organisations and international organisations (such as UNICEF) with which Scouts Australia has established a relationship, and managing Scouts Australia’s relationship with WOSM and the Asia-Pacific Region Bureau Offices. One aspect of this management responsibility is ensuring adequate Australian representation on committees at the World and Regional level.
Scouts Australia International develops relationships with other National Scout Organisations from around the world. This involves communication projects such as the Pen-pal Program and JOTA/JOTI, international exchanges through the Scouts International Student Exchange Program (SISEP), and international events and projects.
International Scouting is also about making Members aware that they are part of a large worldwide Movement and incorporating this into Scouting programs on a regular basis.
Scouts Australia International is responsible for:
- The management and administration of Australian contingents to overseas events;
- Promoting International Scouting so that Leaders can incorporate this into Section programs;
- Coordinating the reception of visiting Scouts from overseas;
- The management of Scouts Australia's overseas assistance program;
- Promotion of Scouts Australia's community development activities in developing countries, in conjunction with the National Scout Organisations of those countries.
The role of International Commissioner is undertaken by a volunteer who has responsibility for the development of International Scouting within Australia. The Scouts Australia International Commissioner is supported by Branch International Commissioners.
Currently the International Commissioner is Mr Neville Tomkins.
Scouts Australia International Commissioner:
Neville Tomkins OAM JP
c/ - 89 Kitchener St, Garran ACT 2605, Australia
Mobile: +61 418 365 664
Assistant International Commissioner
Mobile: + 61 405 135 641
- Scouts Australia International website
- World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM)
- World Scout Bureau, Asia-Pacific Region
- Kandersteg International Scout Centre